Posted by Mark Franklin
on May 28, 2012 in Season 12
| 1 comment
If you’re from the southcentral Pennsylvania area and want to audition for American Idol Season 12, circle June 23 on your calendar.
That’s the day Idol will hold auditions in Newark, N.J., and it’s the closest of the seven audition sites planned for Season 12.
Ryan Seacrest announced some of the audition sites and dates last week during the Idol finale.
They’ve now all apparently been finalized and are as follows:
- June 7: Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, with registration set for June 5-6.
- June 14: The Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas, with registration set for June 12-13.
- June 19: The Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, N.C., with registration set for Jun 17-18.
- June 23: The Prudential Center in Newark, with registration set for June 21-22.
- July 12: The United Center in Chicago, Ill., with registration set for July 10-11.
- July 17: The New Orleans Arena in New Orleans, La., with registration set for July 15-16.
- July 20: The Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, Okla., with registration set for July 18-19.
The basic rules for Season 12 haven’t changed.
The age range is still 15-28 (age as of June 5, meaning singers born between June 6, 1983, and June 5, 1997, are eligible).
And, again in Season 12, contestants who made the semifinals in previous years won’t be eligible to compete again.
For complete eligibility rules and answers to frequently asked questions, go here.
Leave a Reply