Strawberry bundt cake
By Lori Goodlin
All of a sudden, I love to bake.
Well, I’ve always loved to bake, but I never had the time. A full-time job and four children will eat up most of your downtime.
With two of the four kids in college and a third going next year, I’m finding I can actually do things I like to do. Which brings us back to baking.
Recently, I’ve been finding recipes online (pinterest, allrecipes.com) and using them as a framework for my own creations, which I then bring into work so my family doesn’t get fat. (My staff is a little concerned that I’m fattening them up for some reason.)
My latest creation is strawberry yogurt bundt cake, which I adapted from this pinterest recipe.
Here’s my recipe:
1 box white cake mix
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 60z. containers strawberry yogurt
1/2 cup water
1 jar strawberries in light syrup (drained)
1/2 cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bundt pan.
2. Prepare cake mix according to box directions, except for the water. Add yogurt. Add 1/2 cup water. Beat 30 seconds on low to mix, then for 2 minutes on medium until well blended.
3. Take drained strawberries and toss with 1/2 cup flour. Gently blend into cake mix. Pour into pan and bake about 45 minutes.
4. Cool in pan about an hour, then turn out on cooling rack.
5. When completely cool, sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar. Dollop spoonsful of strawberry preserves around top of cake. Sprinkle more confectioner’s sugar on top.