The Pocket Cartoon Course guide
Our instructional course was based on the “Pocket Cartoon Course,” a 1940s giveaway booklet from the Snack-Pack Co. from Indiana.
While it was written a long time ago, most of the lessons were useful for today’s up-and-coming artists.
Now the Junior Dispatch offers you this handy guide to the complete course on cartooning, complete with additional hints and great videos!
- PCC1: Time to Get Cartooning
- PCC2: Face it, You Wanna Draw
- PCC3: Enter the Eggman
- PCC4: It’s All in the Details
- PCC5: A Matter of Hands and Feet
- PCC6: Do Your Duty and Doodle
- PCC7: Draw a Variety of People
- PCC8: Get Your Story Straight
- PCC9: The Key Figures in Tooning
- PCC10: The Letter of the Toon
- PCC11: All About Animals
- PCC12: Get it Right
- PCC 13: Toon into the Action
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Junior Dispatch hopes that you explore your artistic side with the help with the Pocket Cartoon Course. When you do, you should send us some of your work to display to the whole world.
You can e-mail scans of your work to email@example.com.
You can send originals or copies of your art for us to scan at:
c/o The York Dispatch
1891 Loucks Road
York, Pa. 17408
If you want your originals returned, include an self-addressed and stamped envelope that that’s big enough to fit your art inside.
Finally, tell us what you think of each lesson in the comments!