Making National Night Out bigger is York Area Regional Police’s goal. The annual night of community outreach is set for Tuesday.
Held at the Dallastown Community Park, just off South School Place, the event runs from 5 to 8:30 p.m., said Sgt. Pete Montgomery.
Highlights include a police motorcycle demonstration at 6 p.m., bounce houses, an inflatable obstacle course and a gaming truck, where younger attendees can play video games.
“For three and a half hours, there’s always something going on,” he said. “It’s always a fun time.”
Night out: National Night Out, held across much of the country, allows police officers to meet with residents, Northern York County Regional Police said in a news release.
The department will host its own event, open to residents who live in its jurisdiction, at the Union Fire and Hose Co., 30 E. Canal St. in Dover from 6 to 9 p.m.
During the event, officers will prepare and serve hamburgers and hot dogs and there will be carnival-style games, a bounce house, a dunk tank that will feature state Rep. Seth Grove, R-Dover Township and officers on the hot seat and more.
Here’s a look at all the National Night Out events around York County.
- Calvary United Methodist Church: 11 N. Richland Ave. in York City, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Carroll Township Police: Logan Park, along Logan Road, from 5 to 9 p.m. Event includes a cookout and police and fire equipment exhibits.
- Fairview Township Police: Roof Park, 599 Lewisberry Road, from 5 to 9 p.m. Free food, music, raffle drawings and activities, such as bounce houses and games, for children.
- Northeastern Regional Police: Eagle Fire Co., 54 Center St., Mount Wolf, from 6 to 8 p.m. in conjunction with Eagle Fire Co. and Northeastern Area EMS.
- Southern Regional Police: New Freedom Park, along North Main Street, from 6 to 10 p.m. Event features emergency equipment displays, food and fun for children.
- Southwestern Regional Police: Spring Grove Area C & MA Church, 213 N. Main St., from 6 to 9 p.m. Free hot dogs, chips and drinks. Displays include police and fire equipment and there will be music and children’s games.
- Springettsbury Township Police: St. Joseph Roman Catholic Church, 2935 Kingston Road from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Spring Garden Township Police: Penn State York, 1031 Edgecomb Avenue, from 6 to 8 p.m. Event includes food, music, face painting, bounce houses and other activities for children. Police, fire and public works vehicles will also be on display.
- West York Block Watch: Shelly Park, at North Highland Avenue and Filbert Street, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Featuring music, food and fun.
- Wrightsville Borough: Riverfront Park, along South Front Street, from 6 to 8 p.m. Event includes food, games, fellowship and a chance to meet first responders.
- York City: York City Police and community organizations will hold events at about 30 locations in the city from 5 to 9 p.m. Many will be give away food and McGruff the Crime Dog and police officers will visit as many locations as possible.
Reported by GREG GROSS of The York Dispatch.Read More